10.05.2005

Life as a Barista, Part One

I had my first day at Starbucks yesterday. I am so overwhelmed with all the training. Its been years since I've had a job that has so much, and even then it was training in something I'd been doing for years (childcare) so it was just a breeze. This, this is so out of my element. I like being the customer at Starbucks, not so sure I'm liking being a partner there...yet. If I can make it through these next weeks of training I'm sure I'll love it. Its just so much at one time. And so many questions I need to ask! I feel like I'm two again and being little miss obnoxious with all the questions I ask. But I guess asking is better than not knowing. And already some scheduling conflicts which I hope is not a sign of things to come.

In other news, my sister is moving to Scotland tomorrow. I think this will be the hardest goodbye I've said all year. Its my sister! Sure she's lived in California for the past ten years or so but I saw her two or three times a year, now I'll only get to see her once a year...at most! How sad is that. I love my sister, I bounce my ideas and thoughts off her and she is a good older sister and listens and gives advice. It's just weird. But typical me, I don't want to deal with the emotional pain of saying goodbye so I just repress it and avoid my sister. I'm just not sure if I can handle one more emotional goodbye.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Jack said...

I miss you too dear...and I understand the goodbye.
I love you!
Jenny

11/28/2005 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home