3.20.2006

Music

Its funny how songs can bring back such vivid memories. For instance everytime I hear Guns and Roses Welcome to the Jungle I smell chlorine, and for a moment I am back at Capernwray opening the pool for the three or four dedicated swimmers at the god forsaken hour of 6:00 (which is nothing to me now...that's sleeping in for crying out loud!).

Or Jars of Clay Flood. I think of Dane who in seventh grade was boy of the month once. I tried so hard to impress him as much as an awkward, odd duck of a girl could. I'm sure compared to his love of Nirvana and the true 107.7 the end (not the stuff nowadays...whatever happened to good radio?) my love of Christian alternative was a wee bit comical.

I've been going through many of my cds lately (and I've got enough to give any of ya'll a run for your money!) and well I miss music...good music, the kind that goes beyond a pop experience and taps at your heart, eeirly so. In way that your intelligence collides with your emotion and you are left in awe of the Artist. Music that moves you to think or to act. Music that demands a response from the hearer. Music with a meaning perhaps beyond what the artist intended. I love my old school music but I'm craving something new, something fresh.

I'm really digging A Collison by David Crowder Band. I love the fact that the record is more than words...it is art. I love that even if you took away the words the music is powerful, it tells a story on its own. And I'm stoked because I just found out that my favorite all time band is in studio on a new album, I've no clue when it will come but I know that it will not disappoint. However, Skillet is an aquired taste I do believe, what with the industrial rock sound and the penetrating, bring it on, "let's be frank" lyrics. Its about time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home