5.10.2006

...And God Responds...

Last night in the middle of my minor nervous breakdown I was prompted to read Foster's Devotional Classics. Its been months since I've read any and I honestly didn't think that would help thus I ignored the Spirit's prompting for a few hours. Before going to be I was doing my nightly reading in Proverbs, I set my Bible down and on the floor was Devotional Classics. It caught my eye and with a small sigh I picked it up, thumbed thru it to where I'd left off. An excerpt from St. Augustine's Confessions. One quote jumped out at me and I literally caught my breath in a moment of utter humility:

"Why do you stand in your own strength and fail? Cast yourself upon God and have no fear. He will not shrink away and let your fall."

Boom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home