5.24.2006

Fragile and Fleeting

There are moments in which we realize how little control we have over our lives. Last Sunday night was another one for me. On my way home my car started to swerve into the shoulder and when I tried to correct it my car started to spin. I ended up slaming into the cement blocks on the shoulder facing the wrong direction. The car has a minor dent and I'm fine, just a little shaken and sore. As I look back and replay it over and over and over in my mind I realize how lucky I've been...no not lucky, protected by God. So many variables that could have changed everything and it could have been so much worse.

I find it rather perplexing as I think back on how many times I have almost died. All the way back to when I was a baby. I don't understand why God continues to protect me and save me. I used to think because there was so incredibly great and big and wonderful purpose he needed to use me for but I'm wondering if its more that he just wants me to live. To live for him, to be me and to spread his truth and love. Its got me thinking again about the difference between a medicore life and abundant life. And how its all about the manner in which you live not in what you accomplish.

It seems after each experience I have where I reflect on my life I always come to the same conclusion--I want to make my life count. Even if I never do anything great, noteworthy or famous I want to live in such a way that I make a difference and leave a legacy. I think about my dad and how he already has a legacy...the Crossroads Bible Church youth group and the thousands of kids he's reached out to and the thousands they've reached out to and so on. My dad isn't famous and he's never written a book or spoken at a big confrence or anything but he has lived in such a way that he has left a legacy and has made a difference in countless lives. He has lived with integrity and humility and has been faithful to God. He's not even dead yet, he's so much alive and will be for many years and I think about what else will be in his legacy and I think about what I want mine to be. And I hope that I can have the same impact, leaving my mark on whatever little corner of this planet God takes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home