6.16.2006

God's Hurting Children

Recently I've had some interesting and heartbreaking insights into some friend's hearts. And the question I'm left asking is "how on earth can they be happy with who they are and the life they live?" One is so wrapped up in bitterness from past and new hurts that she is seems incapable of thankfulness. One is a control freak who doubles as a coward and cannot confront people when they have hurt her so she has someone else do it for her. One is content to walk away, disenchanted, from where God has so clearly called him to so that he can chase paradise.

Disclaimer: Granted, I am not God and I do not see the whole picture of their lives, my life, and the lives we all affect. I know that God has blessed me with wisdom, discernment and insight. I don't know all though, so I could be so off base with all this...

I worry about how there heart's condition now will affect the rest of their lives if they don't deal with it. I hold hope that God is big and can change hearts, the hardest of hearts, and I wouldn't go so far as to say that these are wandering sheep or hardened heart individuals. But greatly hurting. I love them and I want them to experience an abudant life, a life of joy and grace. In each situation though God has not given me freedom to speak much. I've listened. And I pray someday I will be given freedom to speak into their lives. But until then I can only pray for them...and have a heart check for myself.

Luke 6 includes the famous "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?". So I'd be a fool if I refused to learn from this. So I choose to learn. I choose to go back to the fruit of the Spirit and see where is it that I'm lacking? And I have choosen to open myself up to the Spirit and let him mold and change me. Its not that I'm better than these friends. I'm just like them. The only difference is the objectivness with which I view their lives. And they aren't bad. They are good friends and I love them. I wouldn't trade them in. They're struggling, I've struggled. I will struggle again. And I hope they will be there for me when I do, just as I am striving to be there for them...even if it only be in prayer.

The Spirit is funny way...working in ways that I don't understand but that bring about something beautiful in our lives. I look forward to seeing how these individuals grow through this and how they are molded in this to look more like Christ. I know this won't happen though until they are willing to break free from that which they have identified and defined themself with, a very hard and scary thing indeed...painful and freeing. Until one is ready and willing to relinquish their defintion for God's they cannot be free of it. And I pray this time comes soon for my friends. Because really the only thing that acurately defines us is "Child of God".

2 Comments:

Blogger SClerk said...

im doing good right now...and so freakin excited about going to canada in 2weeks! When Jon Wilson came back from america he bought shawn mcdonald cd with him, which made me think of you and olya! Good times dude!

6/20/2006 11:22 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Krisitn! So good to hear from you and find your blog (via your comment on mine) ;) It looks like you've been keeping busy! Miss the talks at Capernwray that we had! We'll have to catch up through e-mail.

7/01/2006 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home